The Sunshine State
Tens of thousands of people move to Florida each month because it is a fantastic place to retire and to live amongst sandy, white beaches, and warm weather. Jupiter is a small town in Florida and is home to Roger Dean Stadium, Florida Atlantic University, and Scripps Research Center.
- No state income tax.
- Housing costs are lower than in many parts of the country.
- World class beaches and outdoor entertainment.
- Warm weather year-round.
- No snow.
- Discounts to acclaimed local attractions for Florida residents.
- Numerous communities dedicated to retirees and snowbirds.
Jupiter is the most northernmost town in Palm Beach County and is 20 square miles. It borders the Atlantic Ocean and is convenient to the airport, Miami and many other great cities.
Jupiter’s population of 65,000 is a diverse mix of families, singles, millennials, and retirees. Jupiter is also home to such famous celebrities as Celine Dion, Tiger Woods, and the late great Burt Reynolds live here.
Residents of Jupiter can enjoy 22 miles of Intracoastal waterways, 18 golf courses, amazing public beaches. Residents can fish, kayak, boat, and paddleboard in the Jupiter inlet or they can run, walk or bike on the 2.5 miles of paved RiverWalk. Jupiter is home to the Maltz Theatre, a professional theater showcasing local talent and traveling Broadway performances. Jupiter hosts many festivals and outdoor concerts.
There are all types of homes in Jupiter, from waterfront condos, homes in luxury gated communities, and modest developments with single-family homes to meet most budgets. Jupiter has well-known, A-rated, and sought after public schools. The general rule of thumb is, the further west you go from the ocean, the less your house will likely cost. There are plenty of seasonal and permanent rentals, which cost upwards of $2,000 a month, or more if you choose to live near the ocean.
Renting vs. Buying in Jupiter
People move to Florida for the lifestyle. It is a slow-paced retirement, or for a snowbird home. Deciding whether moving to Jupiter is going to be permanent or temporary will help you decide whether to buy or rent a home. You will also need to decide whether you want a single-family or wish to downsize to a condominium community.
Once you have decided that moving to Jupiter is the right decision for you, you must make it official, so you can become a resident and reap the benefits.
- Sign up for a Florida driver’s license or identification card. When you visit the DMV, you’ll need your current driver’s license and one other form of identification, like a passport or birth certificate. You’ll also need a social security card and two items that confirm your Florida address, like a utility bill or an apartment lease.
- Update car insurance to reflect your new address and register your car. You’ll want to call your car insurance company and contact the local tax collection office to update your insurance, title and registration within ten days of your move.
- File your taxes in two different states. After the relocation process, you might need to file taxes in two different states if you have earned income in both places throughout the year. Each state has different regulations, so you’ll likely need the help of a tax advisor to walk you through this process.
Florida National Title Services
If you are purchasing a home in Jupiter, Florida, Florida National Title Services can help ensure the title of the home you desire is clear.
Florida National Title Services provides expert title services. When you are renting, we can help with every step of the way. Florida National Title has years of experience guiding Florida homebuyers through the real estate purchase and refinance experience and have helped them solve the problems that come up in the process. We will decipher the “legalese” and explain what we need and why we need it each step of the way. The blogs to follow will address specific issues to guide buyers to understand the process better and to help them avoid many of the pitfalls. Call us at (561) 408-0729 or visit our website.
Florida National Title Services, LLC
250 S. Central Blvd., Suite 101
Jupiter, Florida 33458
© Copyright 2019. All Rights Reserved.