Some real estate agents excel, displaying knowledge, diligence and general professionalism that set them apart from the greater body of less qualified agents. What does it take to make a superior real estate agent?
Outstanding Real Estate Agents:
- Know Their Market. Agents today must do more than drive their customers to various locations and open smart locks. They must work with buyers by specializing in the neighborhoods where they are trying to find and sell homes. A qualified agent will understand the market, recognize values for the various properties in the community, understand which prices are fair for the size, amenities and the assigned schools of any given property. Additionally, with the wealth of information customers can find online, it is crucial to synthesize this data for them.
- Be Present. Whether a customer is viewing a home, or having a home inspected or appraised, it is essential that the agent be there physically to “hold their hand” and be there for your customers every step of the way.
- Know the Rules and Regulations of Homeowners and Condominium Associations to make sure the community will conform to the customer’s expectations and lifestyle. You must be familiar with their fee structure and their responsibilities.
- Never be Emotional: It is important to give guidance that is not emotionally driven, keep your emotions in check, and remember this is business. Do not take things personally. The phone calls you make and the emails you send must serve a positive purpose in guiding your customers. It is only through customers who value your expertise and guidance that you can expect to receive valuable referrals.
- Understand Real Estate Contracts. While real estate agents are not attorneys, they are charged with understanding all the provisions of a real estate contract and be able to foresee and prevent problems that could act to their customer’s detriment. Realtors should understand the critical deadlines and know and advise the perils of not adhering to their end of the bargain.
- Work With Reputable Companies. Choose your inspectors, real estate attorneys, title agents, insurance agents, and mortgage brokers wisely. Being associated with unskilled or unprofessional companies can reflect poorly on you, but outstanding service providers can make you shine..
- Have a Trusted Team in Place. Having a trusted team does not excuse you from knowing the responsibilities each member has. You want to keep a grasp on every aspect of the sale or purchase.
- Excel at the Art of Negotiation. What will it take for you to satisfy your client? How will you influence the other side? Customers value working with understanding agents who understand the real estate process from start to finish. Following these simple practices can set you apart from the pack and make you a great agent.
Florida National Title is available to help with many of your real estate needs. Florida National Title Services works under the supervision of Michele Lewis and Richard S. Weinstein, both experienced real estate attorneys. They work to ensure the title of the home you desire is clear and marketable and that title insurance policies are correctly issued.
Florida National Title Services provides expert title services. When you are renting, we can help with every step of the way. Florida National Title has years of experience guiding Florida homebuyers through the real estate purchase and refinance experience and have helped them solve the problems that come up in the process. We will decipher the “legalese” and explain what we need and why we need it each step of the way. The blogs to follow will address specific issues to guide buyers to understand the process better and to help them avoid many of the pitfalls. Call us at (561) 408-0729 or visit our website.
Florida National Title Services, LLC
250 S. Central Blvd., Suite 101
Jupiter, Florida 33458
© Copyright 2021. All Rights Reserved.